Sep 20, 2011

Maailma mukana / The world with me

My old handbag is finished with me. Really, we're running on borrowed time. I got it at Century21 at New York City in 2008 when I was au pairing there for a few months. And all this time, we've been through thick and thin, from early April to late November and sometimes in between. It's been with me pretty much everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I have purses, wallets, carrier backs, back bags and such, but only one handbag I really love. And now that I really need to find a new one, I found out that it's surprisingly hard to find a good one, one that fits all my requirements. And by requirements I mean things like it has to be a handbag but with good handles, it has to have more that two or three pockets, no black thankyouverymuch and oh, I have to be able to fit ALL my usual stuff in it. And there's a reason why I call one of my bigger bags by the name "World and It's Friends" (referring to its carrying space).

Well, let's just say that I don't much care for the fashion this fall.


Yesterday I had an hour or two to pass between meetings so I just strolled around city center window-shopping. And see what I found! Could this be my next Happily-Ever-After (Or At Least Every Summer) Bag?

promod.eu

Promod has finally made its way to Helsinki too, so of course I had to go to check it out. I know the bag is this weird shade of mustard shade (which is so not me, usually) but I think it would go great with my purple and brown fall coats. What do you think?


Laukkuni on päättänyt ottaa loparit, ja mistään en löydä uutta. Haluaisin nimenomaan käsilaukun (en olkalaukkua), en mustaa (tai muuta tylsää "syys""väriä"), siinä täytyy olla taskuja ja muutenkin tilaa kaikille päivittäisille tavaroilleni. Yllättävän haasteelliset vaatimukset nähtävästi, sillä useista epätoivoisista yrityksistä huolimatta, mitään ei ole löytynyt. Alkuviikosta olin kuitenkin tappamassa aikaa keskustassa ja päätin käydä katsastamassa Promodin uuden Helsingin liikkeen. Sieltä löysin ylläolevan laukun, joka sai kun saikin sydämen pamppailemaan. Väri on kieltämättä itselleni kovin kummallinen, mutta miksipä ei kävisi violetin tai ruskean syystakkini kanssa?

2 comments:

  1. Uusimmassa Oliviassa oli oikein kivan näköisiä laukkuja. Huomasin sen kun selasin sitä kampaajalla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, kiitti Karoliina! Täytyypä käydä yrittää bongaamassa se jostakin. :)

    ReplyDelete